What the Boyfriend Got
Some folks kept asking what we got for Christmas. So I thought I would bring you a special Monday morning three part series on all the goodies that we received (from our very loving family and each other). Yeah. I know. Christmas is over. This is totally bragging on how generous our family is…and totally annoying. But maybe you are like me and save those giftcards from holidays and need a shopping break…for your boyfriend…well, here’s some stuff he loved:
- PowerBlock Classic Adjustable Dumbbell Set
Did you know that weights are usually about one dollar per poud? So if you buy a pair of twenty pound dumbbells and a pair of ten pound and a pair of five…that’s $70. SEVENTY DOLLARS. And that’s only three sets. And then let’s say you wanna work out those pretty pecs of yours and need a fifty pound set. Boom. $100. And then you might need a weight set inbetween…because you are trying to build muscle and need to max out. And all of sudden, you have spent well over $200 and then have to store five sets of weights. Enter the PowerBlock Adjustable Dumbbell set. We got ours at Dicks. And Jeremy is thrilled. And ready to get ripped.
- Leather Hippo – It’s this joke that we have. I ask Jer what he wants for Christmas. He says…nothing. I say c’mon. And then he sings I wanna Hippopatomus for Christmaaaas. And then I laugh. So this christmas I got him exactly what he asked for I love the price tag too – under eight bucks with a sale or coupon!
- Old Navy Pajama Pants – these are exactly the pants I got him. And they got used too. In our redneck family photos I actually got him two pairs (different styles – this one and another gray & white plaid) because the ones that he wears are so old that the fabric is wearing a little too thin for decency, if you know what I mean.
- Men’s Resistor Lo Cut 6-Pack Socks by Under Armour
- my main squeeze loves to mountain bike. You should know that by now. And the only socks that he likes when he’s clipped in are low cut and black (they hide the mud stains a little better) and he swears that these are one of the few kind that don’t stretch out like an Ethopian’s earlobes. (he never said that. that completely inappropriate un-pc joke is mine.)
- P90X: Tony Horton’s 90-Day Extreme Home Fitness Workout DVD Program
- Yes, Tony Horton is more annoying than a porcupine in your underpants, but his results are amazing. This is a man’s workout. Muscle building. And you will throw up. And then you will get ripped. All in the comfort of your living room.
- AXE Shower Gel
- Boys like to smell good too. Nuff said.
- Axe Shower Detailer
- We laughed at these product commercials. I literally snort everytime I hear fuzzy balls. Sorry mom.. And so I knew that I would have to stuff this man-loofah in Jer’s stocking.
- Titleist Pro V1 Golf Balls
- Jer didn’t get this many – but he did get a few with his initials on em. Shmancy.
- Power Block Weight stand – Ya know…cause nobody wants a lower back injury from picking up weights off the floor. And because it was free at Dicks when you bought the weights
- Fossil Casual Belt
– Jeremy complained that his shoes never match his belt. Not like in a weird way. Just casually about how his casual belt was way too dressy and shiny for his converse kicks and he felt like a fugly 35 year old. I never knew the wrong belt could make a man fugly. I guess that’s how girls feel about butterfly hair clips. So I picked one of these lighter Fossil belts up. I got his at TJMaxx but the one above is a pretty darn close match.
- Old Navy Graphic tshirts - I think I got him six t-shirts this Christmas. They were having one heck of a sale and each one was $5…and good thing too…because with all that working out, he needs some options when it comes to t-shirts.
– When Jer pulled out the giant banana bag from his stocking, his face was more than a little confused. We had never played and more than once, I’ve heard him say that he hates board games. But for some odd reason, he is obsessed with this one. Maybe because he can beat me
So what did your boyfriends get? I always need ideas for birthdays, valentines day, next christmas