What the Wife Got
Some folks kept asking what we got for Christmas. So I thought I would bring you a special Monday morning three part series on all the goodies that we received (from our very loving family and each other). Yeah. I know. Christmas is over. This is totally bragging on how generous our family is…and totally annoying. But maybe you are like me and save those giftcards from holidays and need a shopping break…for yourself…well, here’s some stuff I loved:
- Nine & Co Purse – Admitting the obvious here: I bought this for myself for Christmas. I am that girl. I am so very generous. Thank you me. And thank you Kohl’s for having a purse in a cheerful yelllow that still looks mature.
- Canon 85mm f/1.8 Lens
- I have been pining after this lens like a teenage girl does after Justin Beiber. It was bad. Everything I’ve heard is that it is really crisp and creates lovely portraits….and I wanted another prime lens option for my very mature clients (as in older than 6 days old) for outdoor shoots…I tested it out already with Will and the rumors were right
- North Face TKA 100 Novelty Glacier Fleece - My very generous brother-in-law, Torrey (who you love to look at apparently) gave me this great North Face fleece. Did I get weirdly excited because this is my first piece of North Face-wear? Oh heck my doddles did I! I felt like I was invited into the cool girls clubhouse…so fancy!
- Darth Vader Voice Changer Helmet
- This may eliminate my cool girl status immediately but the one thing I really wanted for Christmas was the voice changing Darth Vader helmet…you know…to wear while doing housework. A little heavy breathing helps me find the joy in dusting. Yeah. I’m a nerd.
- Dry Spray Shampoo
- Did you know that I only wash my hair every four days? It’s probably really abnormal. It’s just that with such long hair, it takes me like three hours to get through the whole shower/dry/straighten/curl/fix routine. So I figured that if I was in a pinch, I could use an emergency backup hair plan.
- CHI Ceramic Flat Hairstyling Iron
- I have tried pretty much every other straightener in the world until I found this one (it works amazing!). I will use the rejects one time and then back to the store it goes…and here’s why: I have lots and lots of very thin hair that always seems to find it’s way into the crooks and crannies of the straightener…thus resulting in me yanking my hair out as it is sandwiched between the hot plates and the plastic frame. Not cool. Literally.
- I have to admit that I haven’t used this video yet…but when I do, I’m sure I’ll become addicted and hawt.
- Resistance Exercise Band Set
- Jer bought these. Like I need them. Okay. I do.
- bareMinerals Get Started Kit
- My whole life I have just used whatever makeup is cheapest. Yes, I was that girl with a coupon at Walmart to buy Olsen Twins lip gloss. Now that I thirty, I feel like it’s time to have real makeup…adult makeup. So far, I love it.
- The Game of Things
- It’s been on my wishlist for a long time. FINALLY the fun has arrived
- Professional 60″ Tripod
- Hello, I’m a blogger and don’t own a tripod. Cardinal sin? Yup. So this christmas I remedied that.
- Computer LapDesk
- Hello, I’m a blogger and I liked to blog while sitting on the couch while watching movies while photo editing while eating ice cream while talking on the phone. I need a freakin lap desk. Jer delivered
- Vera Wang Crinkled Ballerina Slippers – Whoa. I never knew house slippers could be this comfy and this cute. My mother gets a gold star for giving me these.
- Silicone HOOT iPhone4 Case
- I don’t know exactly why my brother-in-law got me this case but it makes me laugh…and you know me, anything for a good laugh.
That is one heck of a good Christmas if I do say so myself. Not to mention the moolah and the giftcards we got (oh yeah!) And yes, all you folks that know that my love language is gifts knows that I am feeling REALLY loved. Like all over. I’m glowin like a lightbulb. This glow will definitely last till my birthday What did you ladies get? Or what did you get your lady friends? Anything worth sharing? I need a birthday wishlist so spill!
p.s. See what Jeremy got for Christmas here!