On Friday I showed y’all how my dear ole Mommy Dearest transformed her tiny basement kitchen with the help of a countertop makeover….
She took the space from sporting beige laminate…
to a high contrast black countertop. Now they look more like a shiny concrete slab and are scratch resistant. She could totally have Edward Scissorhands over no problem! And Mom – just so you know, if Johnny Depp shows up at your house, I expect a call pronto because dude, I gotta see if those teeth are real. They make me feel better about my own gold cap. I wish I was joking.
But the best part of showing you this makeover is the fact that you can do the same thing in your own space. This would be awesome for anyone that needs a bathroom or kitchen countertop makeover (and a heck of a lot easier than pouring your own fabulous concrete countertops in molds and messing with rebar)….
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- PRIZE : Encore Countertop Transformation Kit (valued at $269) in color of winners choice
- DESCRIPTION: Encore is an all-inclusive DIY kit that creates sophisticated cement-based surfaces out of lackluster countertops. The kit transforms the look and feel of a room by revamping a single surface. The kit includes:
- 1 ColorLock Sealer + Activator
- 1 bottle Color Concentrate
- 3 pre-measured bags of Cement Mix
- 1 ProGuard Satin Finish + Activator
- 1 how-to DVD
- 1 instruction booklet
- NUMBER OF WINNERS : (1) One
- TO ENTER : Leave a comment with the phrase ”Encore! Encore!” and now let’s talk dream kitchens….would you have high contrast? all white? a thousand square feet? a butler’s pantry? double ovens? wine cooler? or is the range the most important feature to you? maybe it’s the backsplash or the sink faucet? I’d want one of those menu boards like in the Jetsons 🙂 Either that or a double fridge…because dang, our bacon takes up too much room.
- PRIZE SHIPS : United States and Canada
- NITTY GRITTY : This giveaway ends on Saturday, November 3rd 8am EDT. Only one contest entry per email address. The winners will be chosen using Random.org and emailed to claim their prize. Winners are not announced on this blog so please use your regularly checked email address.
p.s. The expert design team over at Encore provided a few tips & tricks….here they are if you are planning on tackling your own countertops:
- On bull-nose edges, use a chip brush to paint the SuperBond™ and color mix onto the surface, then using a plastic bag (held like a rope) smooth out the product.
- Weekends are busy, if you prefer to take your time to complete your Encore countertops you can. Just keep the surface clean between steps.
- For backsplashes and straight angle edges, using a flexible angled tape knife (2 ½”) helps. The tape knife will also work for finishing tight corners and small edges behind a sink.
- The Encore kit is great for refinishing tile countertops too. Coverage rates vary depending on the depth of the grout and how much fill is needed.