Congrats to Kate! The winner of the $1000 credit to Interior Define! You should have an email in your inbox right now girl!
Okay – so back to our sitting room. The space before was really lacking any type of finishes. We had a second hand couch in there that was really too big and didn’t fit the space with the L-shape configuration. I had Jeremy bring the nursery rocker in there but it needs to go back into the baby room. There were mismatched side tables and a random changing table that we never used for anything but storage. It had some good things – the rug I love, the homemade art is still fitting….heck, even the old paint color I can live with. But everything else? Needs. to. go.
And go it did! After we got the sofa delivered, we put it in the upstairs hall and got to work taking EVERYTHING out of the space. A clean slate is the perfect starting point!
Then we layered in some of the ‘foundation pieces’….aka the new Lucy sofa, a couple patterned chairs and an old coffee table.
I love the arms on this thing. They are slender and the perfect support-height for a good conversation. Both Jeremy and I love how it looks like a big sofa without actually taking up a ton of space. It’s got presence, ya know?
So the windows needed a little softening too. Before they didn’t have any window treatments and the bay window was just begging to be turned into a conversation area.
We scored some small sitting chairs on clearance at Target and we both like how they compliment the sofa. They are like the little twin brothers to the big sister Lucy 🙂
A small round table in between helps keep things light and airy and those curtains really make the windows look bigger!
I had a great time adding other accessories too. Since we kept the artwork, there needed to be something dark on the walls to bring a little contrast and this $20 clock was a great fit. We kept the little side table that used to be near the rocker and just switched it to this side and I think it works perfectly!
I love having a simple sofa that I can change up all the time with different throw pillows and these chairs were so boldly patterned that the sofa helps make them feel a little more grown up. Even though the room is relatively small, I feel like we have our own private oasis in here now just by using size-appropriate pieces.
We already told the boys that this is mommy & daddy’s space….that means no kids in here! They can invade our bed every night but our tv-watching space is OURS!
Obviously the other side of the room is not finished and hopefully we can strike that from our to-do list this year….
But I gotta admit that it’s not such a huge eye sore now that the rest of the room is ready!
Okay….one more before and after….
- PRIZE: (1) $1000 online credit to Interior Define
- NUMBER OF WINNERS : (1) ONE
- TO ENTER : Enter by visiting Interior Define and join their email list. Then come back and tell me which sofa/sectional/chair you would pick.
- ADDITIONAL INFO:
- Most pieces are available in 40-60 fabric options
- 365-day returns on any product.
- Custom options are available online, and additional options are available through the company’s customer concierges over the phone or in person at their flagship Chicago showroom.
- PRIZE SHIPS : Continental U.S.
- NITTY GRITTY : This giveaway closes on Monday, May 4th at 11:59pm EDT. $1000 credit must be used in a single purchase toward a chair or couch purchase. Any returns will be refunded store credit minus any applicable restocking fee. Credit must be used by December 31, 2015. Only one contest entry per email address. The winner must register their email address and will be chosen using Random.org and will be announced in an update to this post the following Friday morning. We will email the winner directly, so please make sure you use your regularly checked email address.