Craft-mas Time

Last year I whipped up some pretty fun christmasy crafts.

My favorite was the Pottery Barn inspired advent calendar.

In a close second came the christmas gold berry pick wreath.

Of course, I did love the craftilicious ornaments I made

They were darlin, no?

And I got some more this year to share…but first I wanted to gift you with some of my favorite bloggy christmas crafts I’ve seen lately.  You know….just in case you have nothing to do this week (insert hysterical laughter here).  Enjoy this crafty eye candy:

Burlap wreath

Yarn wrapped wreath

Marshmellow wreath

Fabric covered ornaments

How to make new ornaments look old

Pearlized ornaments

Paper tree

Scrappy tree

Milk glass trees

Peppermint wreath

Popcorn wreath

Another yarn wreath with felt flowers

Felt petal tree

Map tree

Ornament tree

Epsum Salt Votives

How to make an old tin into a candle tin

Birch vase

Holiday dish towel

Letter blocks

Acorn cap ornament

Button wreath ornament

Fabric circle wreath

Mirrored wreath

Pottery Barn inspired advent calendar

Pearlized trees

Monogrammed letter tags

Comments

1. Jennifer says

Oh I wish there was time this week for crafting. But with two kids, 2 parties, 2 church events (in addition to the ‘normal’ ones), a birthday, and just general Christmas stuff I doubt there will be time for sleep let alone fun projects.

My cousin does all of her Christmas crafts in September. I thought it was weird and funny at the time, but now I think it is pure genius!

By the way, thanks for taking the time to put together these posts. I don’t know how you find the time to do all that you do!

Cutey cute cute!
    i especially love the stuff you made.
    You might look like brunette Brittany{prettier, of course}, but girl she can’t craft like you do :)
    plus, you’re a bit more sane.
    hahaha.
    -ab
    onequirkysister.blogspot.com

Aah, THANK YOU for featuring my felt yarn wreath! It’s such an honor to have it here amongst all these amazing crafts! :) And now, there’s so many more things I want to make! Why isn’t Christmas only 6 days away?!

4. Corie says

I found your blog somehow and I read it all the time but I’ve never commented before. But today I am, b/c it’s Sunday and I was bored and you had a new post for me to read. Hooray! :) You and your boyfriend-husband are the cutest and Will? Totally adorable! I love this post, I love all things crafty. Those pearlized ornaments are to die for!

Best of luck with your new house and stuff.

So many awesome Christmas projects! Thank goodness Christmas comes every year, so that the ones I don’t get to this year will still be around for the next. = ) (And new ones too!)

I love your PB advent calender! (And thanks for featuring mine. = )

Merry Christmas!!

6. Stephanie says

I love the one where you glued the glass gems onto the Christmas ball. I am going to make some of those as Christmas gifts for my daughters Girl Scout troop leaders! They are beautiful!!

Oh the advent calendar, my favorite!

All of those crafts look fabulous, especially that marshmallow wreath; though I’m not sure how I feel about taking the time to insert 150 toothpicks into a styrofoam wreath…

OMG! I was so out of it for the last few months (because I had a baby right after Thanksgiving and it’s been chaos around here), didn’t know that you had featured my candy wreath. Thank you SOOO much for including it in your fabulous collection holiday crafty goodness!!!

Hey Katie! Love all your Craftmas projects – quick question though – I would LOVE to make an Advent Calendar similar to that of Pottery Barn’s, which I’ve been crushing on for some time now…would you mind telling me about how large was the piece of board you used? I can’t figure out how large I should make it to fit the 24 ornaments cozily enough but not so all-up-in-each-other’s-business. And did you purchase new ornaments or just use ones that you had already, thus just adding those to your tree?
    Thanks so much, as always, for the awesome inspiration!

Best,
    Madison – theSeidlerFamily.com

It was just a standard bulletin board that you find at Walmart – like the size for classrooms…whatever that one is.
      and I purchase a couple new ornaments every year to add to the collection but for the most part, I just used what I had already in the house :)

Thank you so much! We are working on getting ours built right now! I’m so excited to be able to put the ornament on the tree each night with our son, Cohen. I also took it a step further and on the larger piece of paper underneath, I am writing a “activity” for each day. Some are simple, like drink hot cocoa, drive around and look at lights, or drop off a meal at We Care, but they are all in the Christmas spirit (like read the Christmas story) and I think will be a wonderful tradition to start! I must say, too, I also made a yarn wreath, similar to the one you were doing, as well as the mosaic and twine ornaments. So fun!!

Turned out great! You have the most wonderful ideas. Thank you, as always for the awesome inspiration!

Hi Katie! I was totally stalking your Santa portrait over your fireplace. Love it! I am so impressed. Then I noticed you included my Christmas tree towel in your post last year. So sweet of you to include my project. Thanks so much!