Here’s the monthly pregnancy update…so far, so good.
Okay…you caught me. I don’t really have much exciting stuff to update. We (the Little Baby and me) are just trucking along. To be honest, I haven’t even been to a doctor yet….not because I don’t believe doctors are important because they are – it’s simply because we went on vacation, I got paranoid that I would miscarry and wanted to wait till I was out of the danger-zone (which is stupid…I know…you don’t have to tell me) and then frankly I didn’t spend the time to find the right one. So I finally got around to doing some hard core research and we decided on one that is pretty awesome-kick-pants in the area of VBAC’s. So my first appointment is this week.
Other than that – not much to report.
Here are the symptoms so far: extreme tiredness. I had this with my pregnancy with Will but honestly, I had such a flexible schedule then, I could sleep when I needed. So this time, when the wave of tiredness hits, I have about fifteen seconds to pop in a Barney video before I am literally sleeping on the hardwood floors. Yes. I am basically a narcoleptic.
I have a crazy sense of smell…I swore there was a rotting piece of fruit in the house the other day and hunted that bad boy down. Turns out – it was coming from the garbage can in the garage. That stench wafted through the plastic Hefty sinch sac and three closed doors to get to me.
My skin has gone to Zitsville – return unknown. Thank goodness for photoshop I have major gross-mouth from the prenatal vitamins…basically I swear someone in the house has sushi (I don’t know how Will could order raw fish without my knowledge but crazier things have happened)…but then I realized I’m just smelling my own rank breath. I guess the fish oil in the vitamins is stinky. A recent photoshoot friend (Hi Laurie!) recommended gummy prenatals from Target – so once I run out of these, I am getting those pronto.
The bump has definitely arrived. When I wake up in the morning, I feel and look fine in my regular jeans but by 4 pm, the button is getting undone…no matter where I am or who can see. Yes, I walked around Kroger the other day with them completely unbuckled. I have no shame when it comes to personal comfort. Yesterday, I made Jeremy drag up my two storage bins full of maternity clothing. Pro – my maternity clothing is CUTE! Con – last time I was pregnant during the winter I need some shorts pronto.
No real cravings yet.
I have had only two incidents where I thought I would blow chunks…thankfully that didn’t happen. I’m not much of a thrower-upper to begin with (I didn’t even have a single feeling of barfiness with Will) so I would be really really surprised if that happened this time around. But I do get cramps…so the couch is like my best friend. Not like…is….is my best friend.
Other than that – just extremely emotional. (duh!) Basically I cry every Sunday at church. Yes, I am that girl blowing her nose and bawling my eyeliner into my mouth at the inspirational videos or right in the middle of the worship. And don’t even start with me and those dang nature shows that I let Will see. I mean – the poor penguins work so hard for their eggs and then sometimes they don’t even make it with all the coldness and the lack of food. It’s basically unbearable to see. I just really love those penguins.
- When are we due? November 5th.
- Are we still gonna find out the gender? YES.
- Do we have any names yet? For a girl maybe…for a boy no. Jeremy doesn’t like mine. I don’t love his.
- Do we think we know the gender yet? I am 98% sure it’s a boy. Jeremy is still on the fence.
- Will I attempt a VBAC? Yes.
- Where will we put the baby? It will stay in our room at first and then hopefully transition to it’s own room (the current Jack room)
- Does Will understand? Maybe just a smidge. Unless I am growing a truck in there – he’s uninterested.
- Where did I get my white tshirt? It’s a nightshirt I got for a couple bucks at TJMaxx. They sell something similar at Target.
- Will I wear it in all the photos? Yes. I plan on adding some leggings when the belly gets bigger to avoid crotch-flashings.
- Did I cross many things off my pre-pregnancy bucket list? Yes! I did! See below!
- How often will I post these updates? Don’t tie me down to a schedule. I’ll just break those bonds
- Anything else you should know? Today I have completed my first trimester. Also – I love this website. I just punched in my due date and it gives me tidbits every day on the baby and pregnancy. It helps me focus on just single things to pray about – which is good for a person who gets overwhelmed by the dollar menu
Not too much difference between 5 and 10 weeks. Fun fact – I suck in big time for these photos. I thought it would be the only consistent way to keep things fair. After all, you know I can push that bad boy OUT. Exhibit A.
Also – I have not yet decided whether I’m doing the more subdued photo montage or the fun fabric backdropped one – so for now – it’s both.
Oh and in the 5 week picture – I’m holding the first pregnancy test. And yes, it does make me a little uncomfortable to know that something that has urine on it is thisclose to my face. No – it doesn’t matter if it’s my own pee. Or that it’s dried. Pee is pee people.