Family Photos 2012

Last year my big family started a tradition of doing a non-traditional family photo.  You may remember this…

Yes most of that photo is real.  The cigarette is not.  Jer’s teeth are not.  And that’s about it.

And you can read all about it here.

Basically this idea of a non-traditional family photo sprung from my loins (stop thinking about my loins) and now I am obsessed with them.  Sadly, this year we got together for Christmas and I hadn’t begun to plan our big family shoot.  It was Weston’s fault.  When in doubt, blame the overly happy and intensely adorable infant!  So instead of adding more last minute thing to the plate o’ stress that is served at Christmastime…I simply set up a white backdrop and asked everyone to make a silly face.  One take each.  One crazy shot.  All cropped square and put together in a collage of our family.  Just a simple way to memoralize 2012.

Weston apparently doesn’t follow instruction very well…we told him silly but I guess he heard “cute”….

And yes, it is hilarious to me that so many relations of mine heard the command of ‘silly face’ and immediately went with the cross eye or tongue out.  We must be related.

Comments

1. Angela says

I’m glad you had this crazy idea, because it’s so much fun to read about. I love how your Mum and Dad just join in and they look so cute. Speaking of cute…yes Weston really nailed that brief! Jeremy looks like he’s channeling Billy Crystal !!?

That is by far one of he funniest things I have ever seen. Way to go!!! I may have to use this idea to get my family to be a little more motivated for picture time. Thanks for the laughs- it was awesome!

How fun… I love this idea. Too bad my husband acts like he’s getting tortured when I take his picture. Wait, maybe he’d be more likely to if he was having fun!

4. Tammie says

I clicked on the link for last year’s pics. Funny!! Gosh your family must be good sports! I burst out laughing when I saw the pic of the guy with the knife ??cleaning his toenails.

Is your family adopting by any chance? j/k I love my family to death, but let’s just say they wouldn’t have to dress up for redneck photos ;)

Awesome! I was wondering if you squeezed in your fun Christmas picture with Weston’s arrival. This is such a fun idea. I love that everyone just got one take!
    Sarah

I love it! I loved last years and I love the white backdrop and silly faces this year. I loved your idea so much that this year we did a family picture. One set as confused rockstars and one set with mustaches. We had a blast and it will definitely be a yearly thing. Thanks for the inspiration!

8. Anya says

I want you to know that the first time I saw the post with your ‘kin” I had just barely survived the worst day of my entire life and the photos of your family literally made the day worth living through. THANK YOU!!!

Well, I’m so glad that we did it then :) I’ve had my moments like that too…when things are totally collapsing around me and then something makes me laugh…THANK goodness :)

9. Kelly says

How funny! After looking a second time, I noticed that your brothers and sister each have one eye straight ahead and one eye crossed… hahaha

10. Amanda says

That hillbilly photo makes me question everything I know. If two people as gorgeous as you and Jeremy could look that white trash, then any ugly person in the world has hope. You’re like that girl in Big Fat Greek Wedding. Amazing.

These are fantastic! Trying to get my family to take pictures is pretty much impossible. Maybe we should follow in your footsteps and just have some fun with it!

OMG – i have been smiling all day thinking about your family portrait – and I am still giggling 12 hours later. i’m a long time reader but first time commentor – i am going to try and talk my wacky family into doing something like this! Thanks so much for the laughs! mel x