Fabric Flower Tutorial

When I posted the photo of my Valentine’s wreath, I assumed that all eight of you knew how to make the fabric flowers.

I was wrong.  Apparently you are like me and prefer to prioritize your brain space to important things….like how to dance Gangnum style and who Trouty mouth is on Glee.  So here we are with a quickie weekend post to show ya how to make a pretty little emblishment for all your foam wreaths…

And I also did a little video for ya…but the volume is oddly low…so sorry about that.  Hopefully one of those important things in your brain is lip-reading :)

fabric flower tutorial from Katie Bower on Vimeo.

p.s.  I also write for Wayfair!  Here is my latest post!

Comments

1. Laura says

Hilarious….just this afternoon, after pinning your wreath I thought…hmmm, I have no clue how to make those flowers. Glad to know I’m not the only one! The video was extra helpful! Thanks…happy weekend!!

First of all, I seriously think you might have the prettiest face I’ve ever seen.

Second of all, I loved the video. Thank you for doing that! Now I am going to go search through all my random fabric and go flower crazy. Bower Flower Power!

3. Hope says

Great video, especially the last 30 seconds. And I’m glad those 8 people said something bc I really wanted to know how to make them

Ahhh why are you so cute?! Loved your denim shirt. :)
    And I’m sure Jer would look like a smokin’ hot Joe Dirt with that sleeveless shirt on! :) Ha — Jer Dirt!!!

Shannon

5. Lindsay says

Trouty mouth is Sam. Duh. I’m slightly concerned with him dating Brittany this season but it’s OK because I have the brain space to think about it thanks to this fabric flower tutorial. :D

6. Amy says

THANK YOU!!! I am attempting making my own groomsmen boutineers with fabric for my wedding this year and this is awesome! Thanks lady!

7. Sara says

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who knows who Trouty mouth is. I don’t know anyone who watches anymore and I’m still slightly addicted.

I have seen other fabric flowers before but your tutorial looks fantastic! It’s easy and beautiful! I want to start this project with my kids for spring. I seems like a great way to use old scrap fabric or stained clothing you were going to through out anyway! Thanks for such a cute post!

9. Katie Vonderhaar says

Hi Katie,

I love your site and read it regularly, though I am not a big comment-er. However, I wanted to say that this is awesome, since most of the fabric flower tutorials I’ve seen require sewing, which I have no interest in learning to do.

I’m guessing that this tutorial will be all over pinterest by tomorrow. You are awesome girl! Thanks!