LJ’s due in one week. Full-term baby! No seriously…this is a full term baby.
This pregnancy has FLOWN by. It might be due to the busy-ness of life or just the fact that two littles are demanding my attention or it could just be pregnancy brain…but I just realized that any day now we could have another Bower boy in the house. I mean…I remember that I am pregnant (most of the time) and I know that usually means a baby will join us but it’s so easy to forget how fast the time goes by.
Speaking of time, there isn’t a whole lot left in this pregnancy so I figure I better share what are some of the things that have gotten me through the last nine months. Granted, each pregnancy has been different for me and I am learning that some things work for #1 that didn’t work for #2 and then #3 is completely different too (different symptoms mean different solutions) but a lot of these items have been tried and true through all three so I feel comfortable saying that this is my MUST-HAVE list.
- Embellished Tunic Tanks – it doesn’t matter if I am pregnant during the summer or winter, I need some super long embellished tanks. I like ones that look like tunics (aka cover the back end) because they go well with leggings and jeans. I love the fact that I can layer them with a cardigan or wear them alone. And the extra-long is absolutely necessary because let’s face it, my underbelly isn’t the most attractive part of my body.
- Gummy Prenatal Vitamins - These gummies are one of the few vitamins that I have ever remembered to take. These are the ONLY vitamins that I have actually enjoyed. I guess I am just a kid at heart. I need sugar coating. I still have to take an iron supplement but in general, these vitamins are my go to for a healthier pregnancy.
- Bra Extenders – Every part of my body expands when I am pregnant…rib cage included. These bra extenders allow me to wear my normal bras without feeling pinched. Plus, they are way more affordable than buying new stuff from Victorias
- Tums Smoothies – I have had heartburn to varying degrees with all three of my pregnancies and these Smoothies are my saving grace. I don’t mind the taste (can’t stand regular Tums after these) and have containers of them stashed everywhere!
- Fruit of the Loom Cotton Stretch Panties – Maternity underwear is like the best thing ever. Think rainbow pot of gold in the fountain of youth. These are not maternity underwear but should be. That’s how good they are. The waistband is EXACTLY what every pregnant girl needs….COMFORT.
- Fuzzy Throw – Some folks use a pregnancy pillow, some use a whole collection of different pillows…I use a king size fuzzy throw. This blanket can be gathered up for support under the belly, behind the back, warm up chilly toes or all three.
- Target Maternity Jeggings – I have bought a lot of leggings during the last four years…and these jean-lookalike-leggings are amazing. They have enough substance to them to be worn just like jeans but are super stretchy just like leggings. I feel like this is one pair of pants that don’t really fall into either category (my leggings-are-not-pants rule does not apply here…they even have back pockets!).
- Spanx Assests – Ever feel like your bump is sharing the spotlight with other bulges? (nods head emphatically). Well, these super tight shorts are great for smoothing it all out and putting the emphasis back on that beautiful baby. I wear them all the time to church to feel secure and seamless under dresses.
- Organic Lip Balm – I constantly reach for lip balm when I am pregnant. And when I’m not. This little ball reminds me of a belly and makes me happy
- Juice Freezer Pops – Your glow will only be magnified when you are properly hydrated. I drink tons of water but sometimes I need a little sweet something. Juice pops are my favorite go-to snack when I really wanna pig out like a kid in Willy Wonka’s candy garden.
What’s on your pregnancy must-have list? Anything you absolutely can’t live without? Pickle flavored ice cream?