DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored post brought to you by HauteLook.
It must be my crazy sense of time but I completely missed Cyber Monday. But don’t cry for me Argentina. I have HauteLook And at HauteLook, it’s like Cyber Everyday. Maybe you forgot the last uber awkward post I did for them where I had to take selfies in the front yard. Yeah. That was like a steaming cup of baby diapers…aka…a hot mess.
Well, just in case you are like me (behind on pretty much every.single.thing.in.life. including Christmas shopping) I decided that it would be fun to put together a shopping wishlist for all the things that are on sale right now that nibble my cookies…if you know what I mean…and I think you do
- Spiderman Hooded Towel - Will would literally lose a nut if I gave him a superhero towel. Right now he has a shark towel and he tries to bite my leg off Jaws style every time he wears it. A towel that would turn him into his favorite Spidie would only mean one thing…we would be taking a whole lot more baths around here….which isn’t such a bad thing
- Navy Draped Cardigan – Long spare-tire hiding cardigans are one of those things that I found transitions really well from maternity-wear to post-pregnancy-wear. It is never a waste of money to invest in the drapey sweaters…plus they look good even when you throw them on over a long tank and jeggings…which is a normal outfit for me.
- Pink Oval earrings – I started writing down my ‘grown-up’ jewelry list….and these were one of the top items…simple, casual, add a bit of sparkle to any outfit. I’m probably gonna stuff my own stocking with them
- Jessica Simpson travel perfumes – I love little perfume samplers. I am practically a perfume sampler addict. They are just so small and lovely and you can change your scent as many times as you like. I think of perfume as shirts…you wouldn’t wear the same one every single day, right? It’s nice to switch things up!
- Cream Yoke Blouse – I love long loosey goosey blouses with a bit of detail at the top. They hide a multitude of bodily sins. Like that box of Krispie Kreme that mysteriously disappeared in my car.
- Gray KitchenAid Mixer – I should have registered for this when I got married. Is it too weird to ask for one as a baby shower present? Yeah. Weird, right?! Guess this one is up to you Jeremy
- Brown Boots – These little foxies are so beautiful. They would probably make all my other boots jealous. Just sayin.
- White Dot Blouse – Does anyone else love textured clothing as much as I do? Fist pump with me. I love the look layered under a drapey cardigan or just over a simple white tank. It’s like that touchable-factor.
- City bath stickers - These are those foamy things that stick to the side of your tub and your kid plays mindlessly with them for hours. I love them. I have letters and numbers…but not cars and buildings. I could probably play thirty extra minutes of Family Feud on my phone with all the time the boys will have zooming around their own city!
- Stila makeup – I actually was really confused at first at what this was…it’s pigment. So basically you can make it blush or eyeshadow or whatever you want a little color for. And the cool part is, it can be applied all blended together or you can use a smaller brush to make combo colors or just use one! I’m calling it now….GENIUS!
So those of you new to this HauteLook thing…basically it’s a free site that you can join and everyday it boasts new sale events…that have great brands up to 75% off. Toys, women’s, men’s and kid’s clothing, home décor, everything…they are all reduced in price.
Click here to sign up FOR FREE and get updates on new sale events! Happy Shopping!
Who stole my baby?
Seriously. I must have blinked really long because a thief took my infant and left me with a one year old. Who does that sort of thing?! Filthy animal that Father Time. I refuse to work with him anymore.
So in honor of my little man, I did what any loving mother does for their babe’s first birthday…I threw him a party themed after his abundant fake facial hair.
Let me just start out by saying that this was supposed to be the world’s most low key, smallest get-together ever. And then the night before the party, I had a partial anxiety attack because I wondered if Weston would look back at pictures of his first party and compare them to Will’s first birthday party….the farmyard fun that was complete with hayrides and puppet show. As a parent, I never want any of my children to feel like I don’t do as much as I can to celebrate their sheer and utter awesomeness. Us moms overanalyze.
So I stayed up till three a.m. blowing up balloons and hanging streamers. I was in a full party-blitz mode. The next day, when folks got to the party, they were greeted with our grooming station. It’s where they could pick up a ‘mustache on a stick’ or a stick-on version that I scored from the Dollar General. I also asked folks to write their names on a spare paper mustache so that I could make a little art for Weston later…a little piece to commemorate his big day.
We decided to host the party on the first floor (that’s kind of a first for us! It’s crazy convenient to have a basement big enough for entertaining) and I ran with the black n white theme with a splash of green thrown in for fun. Our menu was really simple too…hot dogs, chips and a chili bar. (fun fact…the makers of Will’s paci is Chill Baby and he is very particular about what brand….so “Chili” baby it was for the menu!)
I made his smash cake again….just like I did with Will…but this time we topped it with a chocolate mustache (here’s a link to the mustache mold I used).
One of my favorite things was the mustache brownies. They were actually REALLY simple. I just baked a couple pans of brownies like I would normally and after they cooled, I simply used a cookie cutter to cut out several chocolatey ‘staches.
Overall, I could tell that Weston was really excited about the hotdogs. They are his favorite.
And here is the main man after downing all of his lunch….sans the mo. He still eats a lot of those convenient baby food packs (like the mixed up veggies and applesauce) so he had a dog with his sauce Oh and for posterity sake…he calls all food and drink “NANA”…which thrills my mother who goes by Nana to no end.
I was really excited about the cake smash. Will had a great time eating through and destroying his cake so I naturally assumed that Weston would do the same (he’s generally a little bit more hands on when it comes to things…loves knocking things over and throwing food…)
I don’t know if it was the green sugar on top or if it was just too much attention but the kid was totally confused. It’s like he decided that messy wasn’t his thing that day. His hands went in…
He tried the icing at one point….only to lead to a face of utter disgust. It was kind of ironic because this is the same kid that cries if I don’t let him put dirty shoes in his mouth. This same kid will put the grossest things in his mouth if I am not on top of him….only to watch him not eat CAKE. It’s pure irony.
He did like feeding Jeremy and I….which is nothing new…the kid likes feeding others. Will liked kissing other people…Weston wants to give them food.
Some of the boys with their facial hair…I have no idea why but all the kids loved keeping their faces completely stoic when sporting the mustaches. It was actually quite comical.
We played a couple games…like Pin The Stache On the Baby. I printed out a colored picture of Weston (it was really hard for me to find one that was front on without the paci – ha!) at Office Max and then slipped it in a post frame so that the little staches would easily remove.
The kids all really enjoyed it when the stache would end up like a uni-brow or a little black hairdo.
After that we played a little ‘shaving’ game with balloons and shaving cream and razors (we just kept the protective shield on the razor ends).
Little Nicky was the funniest. He tried really hard for ten seconds and then loudly announced that it was too messy.
I figured out half-way through that it was really helpful to have a bucket of water available for rinsing the razor. The kids had a tough time flinging the shaving cream off the ends of the razor but amazingly enough, the balloons got relatively clean. Natalia got the award for the best job….I would trust that girl to do my facial hair anytime
Then Weston got into the opening of the presents…which translates to a one-year-old as ‘throwing the paper’.
His favorite gift….a couple of balls. Oh the joys of babies.
Afterward we snapped a little family photo and talked about the irony of Movember being our little mustache man’s birthday month. Maybe that means he will work in men’s health awareness! Or cure cancer! I guess we will give him a few more years till we push for that one Until then, we will just keep on loving our little guy and celebrating him like the stud he is.
Happy Birthday Baby Weston. I love you more than you will ever know. No matter how big you get…you will always be my Munchkin!