Disclaimer – This is a sponsored post and giveaway brought to you by Bouqs. All opinions are 100% my own and my first opinion is that you are dang lucky for the chance to win this amazing giveaway and getting a discount!!!!
Do you have out of town relatives? Or like the idea of sending something special to loved ones but honestly don’t know what company to use?
That is the boat that I am in.
Jeremy is from Chattanooga and my grandparents live right outside Pittsburgh. That means that on holidays, birthdays, Mothers Day, etc. we spend a small fortune and waste tons of time figuring out flower shops in those areas that deliver and pray that the lovely ladies in our life aren’t getting a half a dozen half dead carnations. This is how I feel about you Grandma….(insert ugly bouquet here)….it’s really frustrating.
So when Bouqs came to us and told us about their service, I was super excited. They are a flower delivery service that has blooms grown on the side of an active volcano in Ecuador (more sun and more mineral rich soil!) and when you order, the flowers are cut that day and shipped the very next day directly to the door of your loved ones. AND THE SHIPPING IS FREE. Pull my petals and call me Daisy!
Of course, we had to give it a whirl….we don’t like recommending any company without actually trying it out first. And I was surprised to see the blooms arrive so soon after the order had been made. They come in a box and they did take about a day to really open up. When they did, it was gorgeous.
I used to not be a flower person. I kinda regret not having any flowers in my wedding. I always got so sad when they faded so I just chose other things….but now I realize that it’s not always about keeping something forever….it’s about celebrating the moment. I think my kids taught me that. As much I want to keep them little, they will grow and change and I will have to adapt and be excited about the journey and the next steps in life….and the next bouquets
I don’t believe that flowers are only for big fancy holidays either. I think they are great for decorating too. I wanted to split up my bouquet and make some low mini centerpieces that I could talk over at the table so I decided it was appropriate to share some super fast and super easy ways to jazz up a glass jar to make it a great vase for your blooms.
For the first one, you will need a bit of ruffled fabric ribbon, hot glue, and some decorating tape. I am sure you could use washi tape or other decorative tape.
Wrap your tape around the jar and then glue the ribbon on the top. It’s so easy that anyone can do it!
I just painted the second jar with a bit of craft paint and then sanded the words when it was dry. I popped it in the oven to set the paint and it was super cute.
The third jar was super fun. It’s the boy’s favorite. It’s the pom pom jar.
I picked out three different pom pom trims and then hot glued a few rows of each to make a fun gradient style jar.
The last one was the most labor intensive. I had Mod Podge and some fabric scraps and a little twine (not pictured).
After layering the glue on the vase, I placed the fabric on and then I did another layer of Mod Podge to stiffen the fabric. After it was dry, I simply put layers of twine over that to make for a textured and fun look. This was sort of like a bonus vase that ended up in my living room.
The three centerpiece vases ended up on our kitchen table and they lasted a really long time. And my little vases are perfect for the next bouquet too!
The folks at Bouqs wanted to give one lucky reader an amazing gift. SIX MONTHS of Bouqs! Here are some details…
- PRIZE: (1) Six months of Bouqs
- NUMBER OF WINNERS : (1) one
- TO ENTER : Enter by going to Bouqs (CLICK HERE) and register to see their selection. Browse till you see your favorite and then come back and tell me the name of your favorite! I think I would order the Confetti for my Mummum and Above & Beyond for Jer’s mom!
- ADDITIONAL INFO:
- All flowers are grown at sustainable, eco-friendly farms that follow strict responsible farming practices and are 3rd party certified by Veriflora and The Rainforest Alliance
- Flat, affordable pricing – no upsells or hidden costs.
- What you see is what you get – exactly like the picture on the website, no bait-and-switch, and never any teddy bears or cheap candy
- PRIZE SHIPS : Continental U.S.
- NITTY GRITTY : This giveaway closes on Friday, April 3rd at 11:59pm EDT. Only one contest entry per email address. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be announced in an update to this post the following Friday morning. We will email the winner directly, so please make sure you use your regularly checked email address.
p.s. Can’t wait to win? Use code MARCHBLOOM to receive 15% off your order! Perfect for early Easter bouquets and just-becauses!