Disclaimer – This is a sponsored post brought to you by Canon. All opinions are 100% my own.
Twinkle lights are one of my favorite things. I think we can all agree that they make everything one thousand percent more magical. I’m fairly certain that if you wrapped twinkle lights around a toilet, it would be described as a romantic gesture. Yup. You know it. So adding twinkle lights around my house is one of my favorite past times. And recently I decided to make two different DIY light up canvas art pieces to use as nightlights as we rock and sing and pray our sweet babies to sleep.
And here is the second one…
These are super simple projects that just about anyone could do! I included the printable for both in this post so you can print them out yourself. Let’s do the first one first….
Here is the how to:
- Gather supplies
- Using your Canon printer, print out the word art on matte photo paper. My favorite photo paper is this one by Canon.
- Trim the paper to size – I trim the word art to be just slightly smaller than the front of the canvas using a pair of scissors.
- Adhere the paper to the canvas with your adhesive (aka the glue stick!)
- Using the x-acto knife, cut small x’s in the front of the print and through the canvas. Be careful…the wood frame will not allow you to cut too close to the edge.
- Stick the end of the twinkle lights into the back of the canvas and through to the front side.
- Turn on the battery pack and tuck the pack behind the canvas.
And the second one is even EASIER…
Here is the easy step by step process:
- Gather supplies
- Using your Canon printer, print out the word art on matte photo paper.
- Trim the paper to size – I trace the canvas to find the size and then cut it slightly smaller.
- Adhere the paper to the canvas with your adhesive.
- Put the twinkle light battery pack on the back and tape down. Wrap the wired lights around the canvas and twist together to stay in place.
- Spread out the wires so that the words are visible.
Enjoy these FREE printables! Click on the link below to open the new window with the 8×10 printable. Then save the pdf to your computer to print on your own Canon crafting printer.
STAR PRINTABLE (PDF)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Canon USA. The opinions and text are all mine.