The New Year is always described as a fresh new start – full of possibilities and hope! And I LOVE THAT. Seriously. We all need fresh starts…even if what we have going on is amazing…the fact is, starting over is a humbling way to live life and humility is always good. And starting over means that we get to let go of the bad and bring back the good….when we find that kind of improvement…whether it be in our lives or our spaces…that is transformative and beautiful.
So today I wanted to share with you one of the things that I hope will be a monthly feature….welcome to Fresh Affordable Finds!
WHAT IS FRESH AFFORDABLE FINDS?
Fresh Affordable Finds it going to be my round up of the month when it comes to the home decor finds. I know how much you love *cheap home stuff (more money for shoes!) and these items LOOK like they would cost a whole lot more. I like a balance of affordable items and splurge items in my house but this feature is going to share very pocket-book friendly items. Do people even call them pocketbooks anymore?! Anyhoo…these items are also FRESH…as in, they are current and stylish and would look good in a variety of different homes.
JANUARY’s FRESH AFFORDABLE FINDS
I rounded up some fresh and affordable finds that I LOVE and that I would welcome with open arms into my home. In fact, I have bought at least four things in this roundup and am obsessed. In January, I focused on the following:
- clean lines
- neutral colors (cream, white, grays and warm leather/terra cotta)
- texture (because obviously that is my jam)
- eucalyptus (its the main ingredient in cough medicine which seems to be common right now!)
Here are the things I found…
- Faux Eucalyptus Wreath (perfect neutral after-holiday option!)
- Swivel White Chair (looks like Crate & Barrel)
- Diamond Pattern Rug (a blogger favorite)
- Arch Mirror (gorgeous for any bathroom)
- Black flush mount light (the perfect alternative to the boob light)
- Leather pouf (looks like it would cost $1K)
- Storage shelves (you will not believe the price)
- Faux Eucalyptus pot (larger than you think)
- Tufted Recliner (perfect chair for ANY space – the price is a STEAL)
- Tile Wallpaper (it’s not tile…it’s wallpaper. I would put it behind the toilet!)
- Scalloped dish (love these for year round use)
- Dark Gray Pillow (have it. love it.)
- Pick Stitch quilt (a dupe for Pottery Barn)
- Textured throw blanket (this is trending)
- Metal bed (the price is unreal. they are practically giving this away.)
- Cream Pillow (substitute texture for color when mixing pillows)
And I’d love for any suggestions for the theme for next month! Comment on my last Instagram post so that I can see them all in one place. I am @bowerpowerblog if you don’t follow me yet 🙂
Also here is the pinterest image for those of you that want to come back to this post!