Give Santa some Pom-Poms

What if I told you that Santa was a male cheerleader?

That he was all about some high V cupies with a full twist dismount reloading into a heel stretch?

You’d think I was full of herkies, wouldn’t ya?

Now let’s say I tell ya that you can make some adorable last minute gifts in under ten minutes for under ten bucks for any gal that spends time in the kitchen?

Full of herkies?  Yup.  And some x-outs and some scorpians too.  It’s true though.  So consider me your peppy annoying girl right now that knows the difference between a clasp and a clap and can only count to eight, because I am a big ole fan of these easy gifts and can’t wait for you to get excited about them too.

All you need is a sewing machine, some flour sack towels and some pom-pom trim.

And five-six-seven-and-eight, who do you appreciate?!

POM POM HANDTOWELS!

I’m making a bunch as cheap and easy gifts for those last-minute-don’t-have-anything-else-to-give-as-a-gift-gifts.

These actually cost me about $5 for two…not too shabby, huh?

Warning.  Yup, I’m going there.  Ready?

OK!

These towels are….

DY-NA-MITE!

These towels are DYNAMITE….these towels are TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK TICK BOOM dynamite.  I said a BOOM!!!DYNAMITE!!!…

(enter crowds pity clapping here.)

(obviously someone needs to lay off the eggnog).

Comments

Ah I was cracking up at this because I, too, know the difference between a clasp and a clap…something that some people have a hard time grasping! Hilarity…and the saddest part of me reading that was that I counted your “Tick”s to see if you got it right! Ha! OH yes….to refernece the subject…the towels are fab!

2. Jason says

LOL too funny!! I totally remember the arms moving like the hands of a clock on the “tick tick tick” part and then up in the air for “boom dynamite!” Memories….

Love to see a few photos/how to on sewing on the trim. I’m sure it’s easy to most, but I’d personally have no idea how to do that. Be neat to try!

3. Rebecca says

Seriously just laughed out loud. Thanks for waking me up during this long week after Christmas where I just want to be lazy and relax (but instead have to work). Please send me some of that eggnog if it can get me that awake! BOOM, DYNAMITE!

LOVE LOVE LOVE. We are buying our first house this Friday, and I was thinking how I needed some cute, new kitchen towels. I want to make these today.

5. cappy says

Ya know…for a homeschool gal like yourself you sure know a lot of about cheerleading!!! However, I think your mom must have been a great teacher in exposing you to so many interests that I really wish I was homeschooled! Especially your talent to come up with creative, resourceful projects! Way to go-hoot hoot! Do you think you would ever post about homeschooling. Not having gone through it and having a little one, I am just wondering how that all works out? Love your blog!

6. Mandy says

What a great gift idea! The question I have….how well do those pom-poms wash in the washing machine. Do they get all twisted and fall off?

I have some that I made years ago – and they are still going strong – we’ve lost maybe two pom-poms along the way, but to be perfectly honest…that’s probably user error when it comes drying off a pair of garden shears.

~Hold on, wait a minute, put a little BOOM in it.~

And a big thank you to my 11 year old Cheerleader for knowing the rest of that cheer (up here in Yankee country anyway – Ha! ;)

Your cheesy cheerleading references made me smile! She can only count to 8- ha!
    I do love some pom pom trim! I better get me some Joann’s coupons and have some pom pom trim on hand for those last minute any occasion gifts!

9. Holly says

Where did you find the flour sack towels? I can find them online, but not in any stores I’ve tried. These would make such great gifts. Definitely going to try this one!

10. Kelly says

Do you listen to The Wally Show on the radio? (I’m not sure what the numbers would be down there.) That was the last time I heard that cheer before now!

11. Susie says

Oh, my, you are hilarious, Katie! You know, if you’re going to keep making references to your cheerleading past, we readers might get all demand-y pants on you and request pictures… ;)

12. Victoria says

Love the towels! I want to make them myself, but can’t find pom poms. Where’d you get the pom poms that you used?

I got mine at a thrift fabric store but they sell them at any fabric place or even Hobby Lobby and sometimes Walmart!