Little Boy Blue

Do you have a spare 30 seconds?

Well, no worries – you can literally do this craft while sitting on the potty.  It’ll keep your hands busy :)  It’s christmas tree crafting time and this time around I am here to show ya how to make this little blue cone tree covered in fun pompoms.

All you need is some pom pom trim from the fabric store (I got my whole roll for $3 so keep your eyes peeled for a discount price!), a couple straight pins and a styrofoam tree from the dollar store.

All you do is start at the bottom and secure the trim into the tree with a straight pin…then wrap wrap wrap like you are the Fresh Prince of BelAir…WASSUP PHILLY!….wrap all the way up to the top and then secure with your other pin before snipping the end.  Bada Boom Bada Tree.

So cheap and easy and fast!  Bonus points if you use hot glue – cause then you made this bad little boy completely kid friendly :)

For past christmas tree craftasticalness (tis the season for word inventioness), here are some quick pics…

Oh and I thought it would be fun – since obviously you are done crafting your pom-pom tree while on the toilet and need something else to ponder….to see how we are doing with this whole 12 days of Christmas syllabus….about half-way there…plus, I added a few more things I thought you guys would appreciate – including a little house crashing (on my wonderful mama) and some kick-your-snow-boots-in-the-air-like-you-just-don’t-care giveaways.  They are gonna rock your world.

Okay – now is the time to get your share on…if you have done a recent Christmas craft (like you made a tree like me or you made some ornamentations for your tree or you brought the heat to a christmas wreath) I’d love to see it!  Here is the linky party – so please please please show me your recent creations.  Afterall, I always need some inspiration for next year!

Comments

I love that pom pom tree! So cute! I also love the one you made out of sticks! My crafting this year was pretty minimal. We’re still living out of boxes – having moved and started a renovation only two weeks ago so it’s difficult for me to justify crafting while there is an insane amount of other stuff that has to be done around here. Next year.
    -Diana

I’m on the road to learning how to be crafty. The ideas are sometimes there but the problems is knowing how to accomplish them. Thanks for the inspiration! p.s. That twine tree is darling. I’m going to try my hand at making one. Surely I can’t screw it up.

This is too funny! I was just at my Aunt’s house this afternoon and I noticed a little green pom pom tree in her bathroom. I LOVED it and asked where she had gotten it. She found it at some Christmas shop a while ago and I thought, hey I can make that! Then here I find you made one! I wasn’t sure if I should use loose pom poms or the trim. Looks like the trim works perfectly. I’ll be making one of these, Thank you!!

4. Deb says

Katie, I have to tell you I’ve been following your blog from a link in my daughters and I find you so entertaining! I absolutely love your little Will! He reminds me of my own Grandson to the tee. He throws things, babbles with only a few words recognizable, climbs & jumps and loves all outdoor equipment and tools. I’m convinced that if we lived in the same area not only would Will and my Grandson Jake be best buddies so would my daughter and you!

5. Michelle says

I made a tree similar to yours.. three trees actually. I used a styrofoam cone and tinsel! They turned out great. The three only took about 15 minutes!

6. Lady says

I thought those were marshmallows…so I am now going to figure out how to do that tree with marshmallows and frosting so it’s edible. Maybe fudge too? Thanks for the idea!

Katie, I love the blue pom-pom tree!! So fun! I did want to know where you got the adorable white tree in the picture with it, though? Did you make that? I’m trying to figure out if I can steal (or borrow? I suppose that’s a much kinder word to use!) some inspiration and recreate the white one. I really like that one too!!

I have been a secret follower all summer and I finally have the courage to comment. I am not sure why I never have before but you are seriously the cutest thing since slice bread! You are so fun and creative! I just love your blog. You a big inspiration. Thanks for sharing every day!

Ginger

Aww thanks Ginger. I love that name by the way – it reminds me of cookies and pregnancy (which I loved with a capital LOVE!). Thanks for your sweet comment – it totally is sweet to hear when I feel like I’m not being such a good blogger!