Before & After Showcase – Jennifer’s Laundry Room

Jennifer has one of the few blogs that I have read for like forever.  more like foh-evah….which everyone knows is much more than just normal forever.  it’s gangsta…the language of Tupac…the language of passion.

I never questioned her legitimate place in my blog reader and her house progress constantly reaffirms her pure awesomeness.  So I am thrilled to showcase one of her fantastic before and after transformations.

Introducing Jennifer’s laundry room…here is the average basement before:

Yup…the dungeon laundry room…cinder block walls, exposed ceiling, that uber flattering florescent lighting.  It made for a very unwelcoming space.

and now (you might wanna sit down for this) here is her very not-average basement laundry room after:

OH I died.  That glass tile makes my freak flag fly…I just want to rub my cheeks on it.  And those sleek countertops!  And those cabinets!

Seriously – isn’t that backsplash just divine?!  And that pop of red…perfection.

Two of my favorite details are the laundry room cheat sheet.  (She has it free for all on that link).  I seriously need one of those in my laundry room because I have no idea what those symbols mean.  And the jar for the lost socks is kinda genius.  I just have a miniature laundry basket that I use…Jeremy has no idea what it is because he keeps on trying to pair them up and then gets frustrated and leaves.  But a labeled and lidded jar is so smart.

Bravo Jennifer!  I think you did an amazing job.  Don’t be surprised if I drive all the way up to you with stacks of dirty clothes.  Just sayin.

To read more about Jennifer’s laundry room transformation, click here.   And here is her source list for those of you looking to duplicate this exactly.

JENNIFER’s LAUNDRY ROOM SOURCE LIST

• Laundry decal – Custom order from Elephannie on Etsy
  • Floor tile – Bamboo from Stone Tile
  • Glass tile – Miki 2×10 solid glass tile from Centura
  • Sink – Numerar from Ikea
  • Faucet – Grail Single Handle pull down faucet by Delta
  • Cabinetry – IKEA Akurum cabinets with STAT drawer fronts
  • Countertop – Custom stainless steel countertop fabrication by Microtex Lab

p.s.  Wanna see behind-the-bowers pictures and get free stuff?  Like Bower Power on facebook right here!

Comments

1. April says

That is the most beautiful basement laundry I’ve ever seen. We spiffed up our basement laundry “area” last year but we left the ceiling as is. It really makes the room to have the ceiling finished off with good lighting.

Oh my goodness! This is amazing! I am totally inspired and I’ve already nabbed that “cheat sheet” printable. By the way, someone who studied interior design, I totally understand when strange things like tile or faucets make you swoon. My “freak flag” moment was totally falling in love with the design of a toilet…..

3. victoria says

Words that have made me laugh out loud (and all the way from Ireland)……'(grout is like Charlie Sheen, it can be gross if you let it)’, abso- freaking- lutely.( I own a tile shop, so I am more than qualified to comment)

Kudos Katie

Wow I love that Laundry Room! That is a dream! This is officially going in some kind of sacred place that I will look to when we get around to basement renovations. I love the glass tile and stainless countertop! Also the frosted door is super cute!

This looks almost exactly like a basement laundry room I saw on HGTV, but even better! It is so awesome!!

P.S. The new server-thingy is AWESOME. All Bower Power, All the Time.

What an amazing transformation! I love the glass tiles she used {as well as the ones you used in your kitchen}. They almost make me motivated enough to try something similar in my home! Great selections.

7. Gabrielle C. says

Wow! Talk about sleek and chic! I’m loving the brightness, that tile, since most people just leave the drywall, and that ultra clean looking stainless steel counter top. Beeeyoooottiiiiiful.

Wow, what a difference! I especially love that glass tile. We currently have the dungeon look going on in our own basement laundry room, which I have yet to blog anything about (mostly because it’s so ugly). This is great inspiration — thanks for sharing! :)

9. Lisa says

Wow! I would have far fewer piles of dirty clothes or yet to be folded clean clothes if that was my laundry room! Beautiful!

haha…I would get that message too! I was literally ready to throw the towel in because I was so frustrated. I feel like its gonna be so much easier now to be present. YAY FOR SERVERS!

Oh. My. GOD. This has me seriously dreaming. I can’t wait to read the whole thing. Our laundry room makeover was basically a coat of paint and new appliances, so far. Basically I licked my finger and rubbed it’s cheek. That’s about the makeover it’s gotten. Suddenly I want to put the door back on and buy a decal! Oh that blue tile. Rub my face on it, for sure. Katie, you kill me. I can’t wait to get caught up on this blog of hers!

11. mary says

Beautiful! I love the Lost Socks jar. Jennifer has a wonderful eye for decorating. Check out the Master Bedroom renovation on her blog site. It is gorgeous.

12. Ginny says

Beautiful transformation! But, I totally woke up the baby with my stifled laughter when you mentioned your tiny basket of mismatched socks…just the image of you sitting there watching Jeremy try to match them while silently laughing…lol. So bad and yet, so good. Lol.

Btw, it was great meeting you and yours tonight at Flor! You’re such a sweetheart to have stayed!! ( I was near the end of the line with a Mary Kay pin on, and totally ready to give your baby a million kisses…so precious!)

HI! It was so nice to meet you too! And I know you were lying when you said I didn’t look shiny…I just know it…and I thank you for your lies :)