Disclaimer – This is a sponsored post brought to you by Jekyll Island Authority. All opinions are 100% my own.
We have big news y’all! News I know you don’t want to miss!
So let’s just get to it. I want to meet you! I REALLY REALLY want to meet you!
And I thought….what would be the best place we could do this? What place on the planet would make it epic? What place is the most beautiful and fun and cool memory-maker?
That answer is Jekyll Island. You know the one. It’s our favorite vacation spot here in Georgia!
It has a little bit of everything….wildlife….
really cool sights….
absolutely crazy awesome beaches….
beautiful scenes every where you turn….
cool educational opportunities for kids…
and good ole fashioned fun!
We have visited this beautiful island for the past couple years and they were kind enough to work with us to make this meet and greet happen. I AM SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU. Seriously – I told Jeremy that it feels like I get to meet my best friends that I just haven’t gotten to squeeze yet! That’s you! And me! Besties!
That isn’t all!
We are gonna do this during a really really fun event….because let’s face it – our families probably don’t understand our online friendship 🙂 and Jekyll really knows that I have the best readers in the world and they want to treat you right.
During the weekend of September 14-16, Jekyll Island is having their award-winning Shrimp and Grits Festival. It’s gonna be our first time attending it and I’m thrilled to tell you that it’s FREE. They have some really fun things planned that are must sees….here is what is going on (this is what you are gonna tell your husband, mom and sister about so that they will join you so that you can meet me!)….
Festival highlights/not-to-miss activities:
- LIVE MUSIC on three stages!
- Southern Living pavilion with cooking and lifestyle demonstrations & home decor ideas
- Half Price Sample Night on Friday
- “Georgia’s Best Shrimp & Grits” Cooking Competition – Chefs from favorite Georgia restaurants battle for the coveted title
- Craft Brew Fest – The “festival within a festival” along the riverfront and will feature more beer options than ever before(this is ticketed, and restricted to 21+).
- Kids’ Zone – young festival goers can jump, run and play all day long in the designated Kids’ Zone.
- Artists’ Market – This carefully curated market features talented artisans from across the region.
- Classic Car Show – The festival is expanding this year to include a classic car show, perfect for car lovers and casual onlookers, alike.
The hours of the festival are:
Friday 4-9 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
You can check out more about the Shrimp & Grit Festival here
I am really excited because it will be our first time at the Shrimp & Grits Festival and you know me and food 🙂
Here are the meet-up times and locations:
- Saturday morning: 11 a.m. at DuBignon Lawn, across from Guest Information
Walk to Kids’ Zone at 11:05 a.m.
Saturday evening: 5 p.m. at DuBignon Lawn, across from Guest Information
Walk to Craft Brew Fest at 5:05 p.m.
But here’s the thing….these two activities are gonna be the ONLY chance to come meet us! We will be hanging out with you on Saturday – our kids will get to play together and later we will be hitting up the Craft Brew Fest! It’s gonna be a blast! And if you come, you will have a chance to get tickets too!(More info to come on that soon!) So pull out those calendars and make sure you put this in your summer planner! The island books up very quickly, so you can book your hotel stay HERE!
I literally can.not.wait. Now what does a girl wear when she is meeting her bestie?!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Jekyll Island Authority. The opinions and text are all mine.