DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored post and giveaway brought to you by ShoeMint.
In college, seven out of ten of my toe nails fell off. Gross. I know. I was playing soccer and breaking in some cleats during camp….it wasn’t pretty. Ever since that time, I kinda had this thing where I was insecure wearing open toe shoes. That is hard here in the south where flip-flops are considered the little black dress of the shoe world. It’s also hard because I love shoes. And sandals are no exception.
So when ShoeMint offered up a pair of shoes, I waffled.
Do I pick my safe little hobbit home of close-toed flats or boots?
Do I choose some killer heels that will look amazing sitting in my closet but rarely get use?
Or do I gather the inner strength of a drunken dragon and go with open toe sandals?
Oh you didn’t know that dragons are extremely self-secure and fashionably shoe-savvy when they had a margarita or two? It’s a well-known fact. And I wanna be that fire-breathing reptile. So I gathered all my wits and picked these beauties….
Yes, I squeezed my swollen feet into those bad boys and felt instantly like a runway model. Granted, I could barely see them from my view but just knowing that my soul was out there for everyone to see is very liberating.
And yes…I have all ten of my toe nails…most of the time.
So let’s get off the digit topic and really gush over these sandals. They were one of many that caught my eye….afterall, ShoeMint has over 30 styles in their collection each month and they work with lots of emerging and established brands such as Superga, Schutz, and Yosi Samra. So what is ShoeMint?
It’s a free, members-only website, with personalized style recommendations, tips, and trend reports. They carry luxurious, stylish, and high quality shoes, ranging in price from $70-$150. And they always have free shipping and returns.
Oh and it’s worth mentioning that they recently partnered with Aldo (if you know shoes, you know Aldo) and they will be doing the manufacturing now so that means high quality designs and craftsmanship!
So now that you have heard all about my insecurities and seen me looking like Cousin It (if Cousin It wore cute platform sandals!)…let me share with you the best news…you can win a new pair of shoes!
Here is what is up for grabs….
- PRIZE: (1) Pair of shoes from ShoeMint
- NUMBER OF WINNERS : (1) One
- TO ENTER : Go visit ShoeMint, sign up to view shoes (completely free, no obligation to buy), and then come back, comment on this post with “Be Toe-tally my shoe!” and tell me what pair is your favorite.
- PRIZE SHIPS : US and Canada only
- NITTY GRITTY : This giveaway closes on Thursday, March 13th at 8pm EDT. Only one contest entry per email address. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be announced in an update to this post the following Monday morning. We will email the winner directly, so please make sure you use your regularly checked email address.
p.s. First time purchases on ShoeMint receive 20% off their first purchase! Go click that link!