That is me.
As most of you know – we live in Georgia. Yes. The state that has been getting a lot of rain. And now it has some major issues. Mudslides, floods, deaths, just to name a few. And while I am complaining, here are a few more things to add to the compaint-o-meter:
- I got probably two hours of sleep last night. The power would flicker – which then activated our answering machine – making me think that there were burgler voices right outside…causing my ever-protective husband to jump outta bed and leave the room. Twenty minutes later, I was convinced that he was dead due to a shot from a gun that would be surely equipped with a silencer. And I should lay unmoving in bed – to trick the murderous theives into thinking I was asleep. because that makes sense at 2 in the morning.
- The thunder and lightening was so loud and bright that at one point around 3…my sleepless boyfriend just suggested that we watch tv. But I refused so that I could lay in bed wrapped up in the fear of a tree crashing me into the basement.
- Due to flooding, closed schools, and road issues – my fifteen minute commute took an hour.
- I walked into our office this morning and it had water issues. And I am the only one there today. So I spent the better part of the morning with papertowels wrapped around my feet as I tried to soak up the flooded kitchen, two offices and hall.
- As I was doing a paper-towel dance, I recieve a call from my boyfriend. Our basement is flooded. Torrey (our basement roomie) doesn’t know his stuff is soaked yet.
On the flipside – there are some things to be glad about:
- I did get a few hours of sleep vs. none.
- my boyfriend isn’t dead.
- no trees fell on our house.
- I got to work in one piece.
- We had plenty of papertowels at work.
- Jeremy works from home and is able to soak up the water in the basement.
- Torrey doesn’t know his stuff is soaked yet.
So if you get a chance – say a little prayer for all those folks who are going through loss that ensued from flooding. Our little speedbumps are so small in comparison 🙂
Thanks for letting me vent.
Back to papertowel-boots 🙂
XO – KB