Some folks kept asking what we got for Christmas. So I thought I would bring you a special Monday morning three part series on all the goodies that we received (from our very loving family and each other). Yeah. I know. Christmas is over. This is totally bragging on how generous our family is…and totally annoying. But maybe you are like me and save those giftcards from holidays and need a shopping break…for your little man…well, here’s some stuff he loved:
- Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
– Will’s cozy coupe hailed second hand from Goodwill…but now that we own it, we would have paid full-price. It’s totally worth it. Will pushes it around the house…especially on rainy days….and gives his little Baby Donald rides. Such a generous little taxi driver my Will.
- Mega Bloks Fill’n Dump Truck
– My dad got a couple of these…and now we have monster derby at my parents house every Thursday night. I’m thinking we might start charging admission.
- Mega Bloks Bag
– Let’s be honest, Will doesn’t like stacking…hates the stacking…but he LOVES the kicking. LOVES the smashing. LOVES the destroying. Major points for Mega Blocks.
- Talking Lightning Mcqueen and Francesco Bernoulli Car
– You saw him with his new Lightening McQueen and his Francesco. Very fun toys for boys…young and old.
- Fleece pants – The kid is growing like a weed and we are huge Children’s Place fans. We love their clothing for little boys. And boys clothes are hard. And we also appreciate the comfort-factor of fleecey pants. Bower Grade : A++
- First 100 Trucks books
– How did we live without a truck book for 20months of life? We didn’t. We didn’t know what living was. But now with 100 more trucks in our life, it’s real. it’s real and it’s all about excavators, big rigs and mini loaders. Will is obsessed.
- Thomas Toddler Training Toothpaste with Toothbrush
– Neglect your teeth and you’ll lose them! Sorry for the cheese – but it’s true. The Thomas the Train just makes it fun.
- Radio Flyer Classic Tricycle
– My mom scored the Radio Flyer tricycle on sale at Goodwill…and everything you heard about this brand is true: they are classic, quality and the kids are naturally drawn to them like a celebrity to teeth whitening.
- Reindeer Puppet slippers – My darling sister in law picked out these for Will and I can not believe I didn’t invent this myself. It’s genius. A slipper that is also a puppet. Amazingly comfy and entertainment in one 🙂
- Matchbox Smokey The Fire Truck
– You’ve heard all about this toy. It dances. It launches balls. It talks. It has a siren. It can put out imaginary fire. Enough said.
- Fleece jacket – It’s like England in Georgia right now. At least what I imagine England is like – cold and wet and foggy and dimly lit. Perfect fleece weather. And for $5 the price is right. Especially since I’ll have to save my money for when the Queen Mother arrives 🙂
- Black And Decker Junior Power Tool Workshop
– C’mon. We are obviously fans of the DIY revolution. So it comes as no surprise that we fully endorse training up your youngsters in home improvement. Start with this and you won’t be visiting the emergency room. Not yet at least.
- Hot Wheels
– Will loves these and they are the perfect present for little fingers. I love them too…you know for the mommy massage that comes when they drive the cars all over your aching back 🙂
- Hot Wheels 100 Car Case
– I know two things. You can’t make kids eat something they absolutely don’t want. And kids love kid-sized things…like chairs and suitcases made specifically for them. This one is well loved. And it fits right into my new STAY ORGANIZED mantra.
- Bounceback RC Racer
– It only has two buttons…forward and backward and it bounces and flips and zooms all over. It is the starter for the bigger kid – more advanced remote control cars….also known as auto-pilot Hondas.
- A Potty for Me! Book
– Will is not ready for potty training…we know that…but we figure it’s never too soon to talk about doing the deed without the necessity of a diaper. Will likes it for the flapped pages…I love it because the kid looks completely adrogenous.
So needless to say – the kid is kindof obsessed with things with wheels. I think you already know that. And you probably also know that the kid is fully spoiled rotten by his family…especially considering that we bought him very little. I guess if presents were disgruntled employees, Will would be a Walmart. What did you guys get your kids? Anything so awesome that you wish you were a kid again? Anything retro? Any Cabbage Patch Kids or My Little Ponies?