I’m squishing all the giveaways into one giant day (or a week if I feel lazy) of glittering awesomeness. Are you ready for this jelly? This yummy jam is all for you….one day (or week) with many many freebies – so check back often to heavy breathe and eye fondle these goodies. I’m dubbing it the Giveaway Power Day…like the dance – it’s electric!
Confession…I am not the best housekeeper in the world. I’m not the worst either. But definitely a D student when it comes to keeping my surroundings clean and tidy. I always tell Jer that he would make a better housewife than me. He picks up, tidies outta habit, loves non-clutter, and vacuums regularly. And let’s just call me a ‘free spirit’ to be nice. Nobody likes to be labeled “Hot Mess minus the hot”.
One area that bugs my boyfriend to no avail is the living room.
See the new (used) rug? Well, it sheds like a polar bear in Bermuda. All that molting has driven Jeremy crazy.
We were chugging along just fine with our old vacuum. It’s a sturdy (aka weighs 46 lbs) thing from the Macedonian era that has no fancy features but gets the job done. So when Oreck contacted us about doing a vacuum cleaners giveaway for you fine looking folks, I was secretly hoping that they could recommend a lighter, newer, more managable vacuum for us.
They bested me.
Yup. It was like spaghetti dinner came early for this pregnant Italian girl.
They sent us a Magnesium upright vacuum and an Ultimate handheld for us to try out. Well, did I ever…
Jeremy asked me to give em a whirl. If that was his way of tricking me into cleaning…well…it worked. And here’s what I thought about the fancy new sucker…
- Super lightweight. Both things were no problem for me to lift up and down the stairs. The old vacuum…well, I just let it slide down the steps and hoped it survived the fall.
- Loved the shoulder strap on the Ultimate handheld. It meant I had a free hand for moving other stuff…like matchbox cars.
- Also adored the extender on the handheld so I didn’t have to bend. These photos were when I was in the middle of some harsh sciatica torment…and bending was outta the question. The extender meant I didn’t have to.
- The upright had two settings – low and high built right into the handle. Again…no bending. Or pushing something with swollen feet while balancing on one foot.
- Sucks better than most. The old vacuum is heavy duty – meaning, you don’t need to shave your legs, you can just suck the hair right outta them. So I really was expecting any other vacuum to fail miserably in the ‘suck’ category. Surprisingly, the upright worked AWESOME on regular carpet and hardwoods.
- You can’t store all the accessories attached to the handheld. That means two of the different nozzles would stay in the cupboard while you get your suck on.
- It’s two different vacuums…which is really a pro and a con. It means one of your kids could edge while the other vacs the living room
- On our shaggy rug – it did fine. I give it a B+. This is really the absolute hardest test a vacuum could have. I mean, it’s like the MCAT of sucking. And it got the majority of it up. I told Jer that most folks don’t have rugs with inch long fingers gripping the stray popcorn bits…so if you are in a house full of shag, well, first let me hope it’s not harvest gold & avacado, and then second, you might need an exterminator, not a vacuum.
Overall, I am THRILLED. Of course, this means that I have no excuse now to not clean…but at least it’s not a full body workout anymore. Now it’s actually easy. One Easy Sucker…that shoulda been the name. (Oreck you can credit that name to me, mmkaythanks!)
But back to the giveaway – the fine folks at Oreck wanna give you a set of these handy dandy clean-er-uppers….
Here’s what’s up for grabs:
- PRIZE : Magnesium vacuum and Ultimate handheld vacuum from Oreck
- NUMBER OF WINNERS : (1) One
- TO ENTER : Leave a comment with the phrase ”One Easy Sucker!” and let’s talk about the Magnesium. Go check out the cool features here and tell me one thing you dig about it.
- PRIZE SHIPS : US 48 contiguous states
- NITTY GRITTY : This giveaway ends on Saturday, October 6th 8am EDT. Only one contest entry per email address. The winners will be chosen using Random.org and emailed to claim their prize. Winners are not announced on this blog so please use your regularly checked email address.
p.s. did I mention it was lightweight? 7.7 lbs – that’s less than Will at birth. Whoa.
Disclaimer: Oreck Corporation provided the prize for the sweepstakes but is not the sponsor of the sweepstakes.