DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored post brought to you by GroupMe. I am the least tech savvy person ever but this thing has already saved me hours of valuable time. And that is priceless.
We are involved. Very very involved.
On a weekly basis we communicate with so many different groups…our house church group, my girls group, Will’s preschool group, Jeremy’s Crossfit group, our church leader group, Jeremy’s flag football group, our family, our Chattanooga friends…the list goes on and on. It seems like we are constantly sending out group texts…sending various photos to various people…and all trying to stay on the same page. And that is on top of our normal social media that we keep up with for the blog. Emails, Facebook, Instagram….it just seems to pile up and pile up.
So when GroupMe contacted us to do this post, we were thisclose to turning them down because who really needs another thing to keep up with right?! But that’s where I was wrong. This little app actually helps.
The way I explain it to people is that it’s kinda like group-texting on performance enhancing drugs. You download the free app and then start creating groups based on who is in your contacts. Then you can send out messages to each group…everyone sees what everyone says and shares. That helps me a ton because when I click my GroupMe icon, I can quickly select ‘girls group’ and share a photo or remind them all that next week is masquerade themed….and I don’t have to scroll through my contact list to find the right people…and I am not limited to sharing a picture of Weston with only six people at a time who I have to select from my contacts…and I don’t have to worry about whether the internet at large will see a nip slip or someone will be embarrassed by me tagging them in a photo from our last group meeting.
Or I might want to share a photo but not self-spam my Instagram account with eighteen photos of my kids…I just GroupMe directly to the people that don’t get sick of seeing them in slightly different poses…aka family. I can also share things with people I actually know in real life without feeling like I’m oversharing private things (naked babies! where Will peed! details of a friend’s pregnancy!). The benefits for me as a mom go on and on.
So here are things you should know…
- works with iPhone, Android & Windows Phone
- don’t have one of those? free group messages just over SMS (texting)
- you can share tons of photos with THE ENTIRE GROUP with four clicks…select group, select attach button, select photo, send (that would take me at least five minutes of scrolling and selecting…and multiple that by five for my girl’s group which has 30+ members
- works amazing for event planning…get an entire group involved and leave nobody in the dark…plus, you can all chip in for that birthday cake or boss’ Christmas gift using the app
- even if your contacts don’t have GroupMe, they get the message!
Are you sold yet? For more info, check out their site…and hope y’all save as much time as we have! Stay in touch…easier!