Congrats to Beth and Jill! The winners of the 6 month subscription from NatureBox! You should have an email in your inbox right now girls!
DISCLAIMER : This is a sponsored post and giveaway brought to you by NatureBox. All opinions are 100% my own.
Since having Weston, I kinda adopted this phrase…expect the unexpected.
As a mom, I read all these articles about how different kids would be so different. That each kid has different needs. different personalities. different EVERYTHING. I saw it right away. As an infant, Will was such a challenge…a much needed challenge….one that stretched me and baptized me by fire into motherhood. Will was very serious…very stoic…emotional…but SO DANG PREDICTABLE. I could put money down on how he would respond to different things. He was my cautious kid….very social though and wanted so desperately to be with others, mixing it up right in the middle of a crowd of kids. Weston though is very unpredictable. He’s like the ultimate wild card. I never know what I’m gonna get.
That being said…Weston, LJ and I went to the Buford Corn Maze with some friends…and I didn’t ever expect how he would respond.
Buford Corn Maze is a small local attraction that had great fun activities for little ones. It was perfect for preschoolers.
It had a bouncy house, little farm animals, a playground, a hay ride and a really great corn maze. LJ was happy to just be along for the ride.
We paid our ten dollars entry fee and decided to go over to the playground first. Weston decided he didn’t want to go on it. So we went over to the bouncy house….again, no dice. Finally we went over to see the animals. This is about as close as he got before he wanted back in my arms.
And this is a kid that loves animals. He loves seeing different moving creatures. You should see him flip out in excitement over a garden worm.
The other kids had a grand time. The biting goats was a favorite.
Then we went over to the corn box…which I assumed would be an epic hit with Weston. Nope. Instead, he was only interested in the gravel outside the barn.
After the gravel we went over for the hayride….I’ll just let this photo speak for itself…
And this one…
And then this one…
He is my wild card for sure.
And I love him for it.
I adore the fact that he is so unpredictable. I love the fact that he surprises me every day. I love the fact that he does everything to his own drumbeat.
And even though I can’t control his next move, or predict what he will do next, I like being able to decide we are still gonna go to the corn maze….even if all he does is play with gravel. I like being able to give him great snacks….that he may gobble up in a heartbeat or try to feed to his baby brother. You never know what he will do!
Speaking of great snacks and outings…this post is brought to you by NatureBox. They are a subscription service that I have grown to love. They send you a box of snacks – specialty items like mighty mix or dijon pretzels or peanut butter nom-noms. They are all great for kids and you can do it one of two ways….choose your snacks so you know what you will get (let’s call that the Will box) or allow them to send you a monthly surprise box (aka the Weston). Either way, you can guarantee that you will love that monthly box that contains specialty snacks.
And they are great for outings like this….especially since you can spend a solid twenty bucks on cotton candy and soda and all that junk.
All of that leads me to the best part of this post, you can get free snacks for your own adventures!
FREE TRIAL: Join NatureBox today and get a FREE sample box of the most loved snacks – CLICK HERE (valid to new US customers only, not valid on gift subscriptions and may not be combined with any other offers.)
- PRIZE : 6 Month Subscription to the Deluxe Snacker NatureBox
- NUMBER OF WINNERS : (2) Two
- DETAILS :
- NatureBox is available on a monthly basis delivered right to your doorstep
- You can choose what snacks are included!
- NatureBox products are Nutritionist-approved! No high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, no trans fats, no artificial flavors or sweeteners or colors
- Each bag is full-size, 3-5 servings each
- Over 100 snacks to choose from
- ships free in continental US
- TO ENTER : Enter by commenting on this post with “I predict I will love NatureBox!” and click here to see what different items Nature Box has to offer and then tell me what snack you would like to try.
- PRIZE SHIPS : Continental US
- NITTY GRITTY : This giveaway closes on Friday, October 31st at 8pm EDT. Only one contest entry per email address. The winner will be chosen using Random.org and will be announced in an update to this post the following Monday morning. We will email the winner directly, so please make sure you use your regular everyday email address