Target recently came out with a new line and slap my leg and call me Homer, it could be the little sister to Anthropologie. I shared with my Instapeeps that they came out with this new line and overwhelmingly, almost everyone wanted to see my top picks! It’s funny because Anthro isn’t necessarily my style….there are always a few things that I like and everything seems so high quality….but in general, I prefer a more clean lined coastal industrial vibe. So looking through this Opalhouse collection was fun and intriguing but the selection was items I would be able to integrate into my current digs.
First we should all know that Opalhouse has three different collections. These three collections are Indochic, Canyon Sunrise and Mallorca. If you want to take a guess at which one is my favorite, go right ahead.
If you guessed Mallorca, you would be correct. I love love love texture. Texture and me get along like summer and sweet tea. And even though the other collections are fun and colorful and I found a few things in them that I love (hello velvet!) the neutrals of Mallorca would go into my house right now as is. I don’t even have a ton of black and white in my house but this collection seemed easiest to work with my current style.
And speaking of color….you know how I said that Opalhouse is like Anthro? Well, here is why I think that…..here are two items – one from Target and one from Anthropologie and they are like decor cousins. Sisters from different Misters. Brothers from another mother. Cookies from the same batch. Berries from the same bush. They aren’t exact but the vibe is the same….check it out….
Anthro colorful pillow vs Opalhouse colorful pillow
Anthro colored glass tumbler vs Opalhouse colored plastic tumbler
Anthro teal circle chair vs Opalhouse teal circle chair
Anthro brass chandelier vs Opalhouse brass chandelier
Anthro pink and gold stool vs Opalhouse pink and gold stool
Anthro textured bedding vs Opalhouse textured bedding
It’s basically looking at Amy Adams and Jenna Fisher. I still can’t tell them apart y’all. One of them dated Jim, one of them married him. That is all I know.
And now onto the main event….the things I would pick and why!
- Candle holders are so yummy with that texture! I would actually paint the bottom white to go with my stuff and to add a pop!
- The gentle pink of the soap dispenser is adorable. It could fit right into a girls bathroom or one that has pink touches. I only wish they had made the pump gold.
- A neutral throw with pompoms gets all my votes. It is updated and not too trendy. This will stay in style for quite a few years!
- What is round and pink and gets all my love? Ella of course. This pillow is a close second 🙂
- This blue patterned shower curtain is fresh and has a great pattern. And don’t forget to check out the tassels on the bottom!
- It’s hard to tell from this photo but this pillow is adorable! If you like metallics in moderation and a little glam and a little texture, this is a good find for the price!
- Bone picture frame?! I’m in. Obviously I’m obsessed with them (did you see some of my collection in our basement bedroom makeover?)
- That blue vibrant picture is of wallpaper y’all! Yes! It makes me so happy to see so many more options at Target because their wallpapers are removable 🙂
- Velvet bedding. No words. Just affordable velvet bedding.
- Love the fresh feel in these bath towels. In our playroom bathroom, my grandmother gave me some similar towels (they have since bit the dust) so these might be the perfect replacement!
- This pink picture frame is gorgeous! I wish they made it in big sizes so that we could gallery wall with that!
- A subtle settee in the sea of saturated colors….it makes my heart swoon! I wish I had a spot for it!
- I would have sworn this was a Magnolia pillow yall. I think Jojo would have approved of this one!
- Something about this leaf lamp is so appealing. Maybe because it is metal and my kids would have a hard time destroying it 🙂
- A big black basket. It would be perfect for holding blankets or extra pillows indoors or out!
- This gold flower wallhanging thing is my jam. I have a vintage one in my office and this one gave me a little whiplash from double taking!
- This textured stool is gorgeous. It’s so great as a plant stand or a foot stool or even just a side table next to a chair!
- I love a good splash of color on the table and these place mats remind me of an urchin or an agate or something (can’t pinpoint it in my brain!) but I love them!
- This vase looks like it could seamlessly go into the Crate & Barrel collection….at a fraction of the price. I would definitely snag that one up soon!
- I wouldn’t have given this garland a second look but I saw a few bloggers use it in their nurseries and it is the cutest splash of personality and color.
- This outdoor candle holder looks like it would be a great multi-use addition to any outdoor entertaining guru. You could use it for silverware, a candle, a bunch of flowers….the opportunities are endless!
- Far and wide my favorite item of the entire Opalhouse collection is this wallpaper. I ordered it and I have to figure out where I can use it. It’s more Serena & Lily to me than anything else in this collection and I can’t wait to see it in person!
- This mirror looks like it could run well over $200. I am not saying you need to get it….but I would definitely consider any spot you put it owing you some favors in the future.
- Open weave baskets like these normally are a little too much for me personally but I like this one in a girls nursery….so there’s that 🙂
- I’m trying to figure out if I can use this black and white pouf anywhere because it is adorable! Especially for the price!
- Green and leopards on wallpaper? Katie really? But I gotta tell you….imagine an accent wall in a playroom with this! With white furniture and cute child sized ghost chairs and a big sputnik light fixture? Oh the fun!
- Speaking of kids…this elephant basket is tooooo cute for words! I would love to see it painted white and in a little girl space. Maybe this means I just have to do it myself!
- Ending with the black and white pillow…..somewhere this would look amazing…like in my dining room. RIGHT!?
All those items are linked in the pictures so you can see more info and shop for them buy clicking the picture for the direct link to that item. And I would LOVE to hear what you liked in the Opalhouse collection! Anything?! Everything? Nothing? Not your jam?! I feel like in general, I love seeing these items in other people’s homes and I love the splash of color on all the things….but when it comes to my house, I’m learning that my style is more muted. It is high contrast and lots of texture and more traditional (I know….traditional is a dirty word) and coastal and clean. I can fully appreciate these modern and boho looks but I will have to appreciate them from afar 🙂
Emily of The Three Bite Rule says
Amy Adams & Isla Fisher are the same person I swear.
I love so much of the opalhouse stuff! some of it is a bit too opulent or tropical for my style, but honestly I can see myself using almost anything in the collection! (heart eye emoji!)
Totally in love with those finds! I love that Opalhouse teal circle chair! Looks perfect!
I bought the seagrass woven serving bowl and the palm leaf plant in the small gold vase. We’re having boy #3 and it’s for his ocean waves nursery. This collection came at just the right time to help me find my vision and explore a totally new-to-me style. I’m enjoying the boho/Indochic style
I bought the teal Persian rug from the Indochic collection for our living room and I love it. I’d been looking for the perfect rug for ages but wasn’t finding what I’d envisioned and this is it!