The winter edition of the Pinterest Challenge is finally here. Just in the nick of time….seeing as we have less than two weeks left in winter officially. Doh!
As I said before in a past video, I do like to procrastinate 🙂 And now you can imagine me talking with a British accent.
So if you are new to these parts, the Pinterest Challenge is really simple. Basically you take something you pinned on Pinterest and try your hand at it. either one. or both. preferably both hands if its crocheting. (which I pronounce crotch-ett-ing….much to the dismay of my mother). And in one week we will all come back here to share our glorious victory over Pinterest. In other words, we will host a linky party and everyone can visit your blog or gallery and pour out lavish compliments on your accomplishment.
In true Pinterest Challenge form, Sherry and I chose two girls who we adore to co-host with us. I am very pleased to introduce to you Cassie from Hi Sugarplum and Erin in from The Great Indoors. They are gonna be rocking it out with us and I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
I would absolutely love it if you joined us too! Here’s some general tips to help ya when you reveal your final projects:
- The project inspiration needs also to be linked up to…but not only to the pinterest item – but also to the original source (whether that be a store like Pottery Barn or a blog or a website) Let’s make sure to give credit where credit is due, y’all!
- Remember that no project is too small or too big.
- Projects have no limits….cooking, sewing, crafting, DIY, home stuff, those homemade nipple tassels you’ve been eyeing….anything goes 🙂
- If you want to post about your own Pinterest Challenge projects on your own blog – it would be super nice to have you include the Pinterest Challenge Banner and link back to our project posts too! This would give us a chance to meet new friends and become one big happy internet family 🙂
- Oh and Pinterest doesn’t know about this challenge (or endorse, sponsor, etc.) – if we died, there would be no Pinterest staff bringing potato salad to our funeral. Just sayin.
Are you in? I sure hope so….
oh and because I like to do something wild and crazy everytime we announce this bad-to-the-bone challenge…(and because I have yet to pick a project so I have no inspiration pics for ya yet)…I crafted via photoshop a little piece about why DIY is like playing the game of Survivor….with the help of some random Sherry and Katie photos….
Yes, at first, I feel lost taking on DIY stuff. It’s daunting. And scary. and I have no idea what I’m doing or where I’m going with a project….
So I procrastinate.
You know that about me already.
And then comes the time where my deadline is looming and I’ve run outta time.
But I’ve learned from the best that patience and focus can help with any task. Strong forearms help too 🙂
DIYing takes focus and strength…I mean, holding a paintbrush totally builds thumb muscles….
but with a little focus, one cool hat,
and realizing that you are gonna make some embarrassing mistakes along the way,
You can end up victorious….
and share your celebration with loved ones.
Don’t you agree?!
Are you in?
Are you headed to Pinterest pronto? What are you all gonna tackle?!
(slightly doctored images from CBS.com – and all you pervs out there that think you can see my breasts when I have the longhorn painted on my chest. well, you are wrong. those are way bigger than my boobs…and my chest hair is darker.)
p.s. My mom asked me why I asked y’all to vote for me in the Homies. I gave her the real deal…I am beggin for validation votes. I know it might seem silly to most people…but I’ve been “working” on this blog for four years…and like most bloggers out there, I haven’t won any award, or been in a magazine, or even been featured on Apartment Therapy….and you know that feeling of just fitting in? being cool enough? or stylish enough? Yeah. I’ll never get that….BUT I do have you guys. And you guys rock my world. and you are like me – fun loving, excited about life and doing the best you can with what’s in your bank account….so getting a vote from you is like a high-five from a friend. Plus, I wanna print it out and put it in my laundry room for when the stench from the cloth diapers is just too much to bear 🙂 So to all you who already voted…thank you. Imagine my arms coming through your computer screen right now and giving you a very awkward hug with my painted boobies.